Last updated: 30 July 2022
In the regular course of business, iDeal Solar acquires Personal Information by interaction and communication with current, former and prospective employees, clients and other third parties. iDeal Solar takes seriously its obligations to protect such Personal Information. As evidence of its commitment to privacy, iDeal Solar has established this Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) to articulate the privacy and data protection principles that guide practices.
This Statement reflects consideration of the principles of various privacy frameworks, including the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (“OECD”) Fair Information Practice Principles (“FIPPs”) and the American Institute of CPAs (“AICPA”) Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (“GAPP”).
This Statement and related iDeal Solar policies are designed to accomplish the following specific objectives:
- Increase awareness of regulatory, legal, and corporate requirements for handling and protecting Personal Information
- Set forth minimum guidelines for the collection, use, sharing, protection, and other Processing of Personal Information
- Enable iDeal Solar to meet business, legal, and regulatory responsibilities relating to Personal Information
Under no circumstances does this Statement create any legal rights for any employee or any third party, nor is it a contract.
2.0 Scope and Applicability
This Statement establishes minimum guidelines for iDeal Solar for collecting, using, sharing, protecting, and otherwise Processing Personal Information. It applies to any Personal Information that is collected, stored, transferred, or otherwise Processed, whether in electronic or paper form, by or on behalf of IDeal Solar. This includes Personal Information that pertains to iDeal Solar’s customers, vendors, contractors, or other third-parties.
All Personal Information must be handled and protected according to the requirements set forth in this Statement, subject to the circumstances described under the Exceptions (Section 4.12) of this Statement. Additional policies and specific practices may be tailored to meet the legal, regulatory, and cultural requirements where iDeal Solar operates.
iDeal Solar uses the following definitions:
- “Data Privacy” means the legal rights and expectations of individuals to control how their Personal Information is collected and used.
- “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For purposes of the iDeal Solar Information Classification Standards and Controls, most Personal Information shall be deemed Highly Restricted Information.
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations that is performed upon Personal Information.
- “Sensitive Personal Information” has definitions that vary from country to country. For example, European data protection laws treat certain categories of Personal Information as especially sensitive, e.g., information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, information specifying medical or health conditions, or sex life.
iDeal Solar is committed to protecting the privacy of its current, former and prospective employees, customers and other third parties and takes its requirements seriously. To ensure the Personal Information of all parties is protected, iDeal Solar has established a formwork which outlines our principals and your rights under them.
Where required, iDeal Solar provides individuals appropriate notice about the purposes for which it collects, stores, discloses, and/or otherwise Processes Personal Information about them. Depending upon applicable legal requirements, notice to individuals may include some or all of the following information:
- The type of Personal Information that is collected;
- The purpose(s) for which the Personal Information is collected;
- If there is a legal requirement to collect the Personal Information, a statement of this fact;
- How the Personal Information will be used or processed;
- If the Personal Information will be collected by or disclosed to third parties, a statement of this fact, the types or identities of third party recipients, and the purpose(s) for doing so;
4.2 Choice and Consent
iDeal Solar obtains consent from or provides other choices to individuals regarding the Processing of their Personal Information when required by applicable law. iDeal Solar also appropriately communicates any choices available to individuals with respect to iDeal Solar’ sharing of their Personal Information with third parties or access to their Personal Information by third parties.
Specifically, when consent or choice is required or otherwise determined to be appropriate, iDeal Solar:
- Requests the consent of the individual using a type of consent (opt-out or opt-in, implicit or explicit) or other choice mechanism that is appropriate in light of applicable requirements. In some jurisdictions, there may be local legal requirements relating to consent or choice that apply to a category(ies) of Sensitive Personal Information.
- As appropriate, informs individuals of the consequences for failing to consent or to provide their information.
- As appropriate, informs individuals regarding how they can change their consent decisions or choices.
- Processes an individual’s Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with consent or other choices exercised by the individual.
Consent should be obtained in accordance with local country laws and regulations. Additional safeguards may be required depending on jurisdiction and the type of information at issue.
4.4 Collection and Classification
iDeal Solar follows the following guidelines to ensure that its collection of Personal Information is fair and lawful. Specifically, iDeal Solar:
- Collects only as much Personal Information as is required by law or needed for reasonable business purposes.
- Collects Personal Information in a non-deceptive manner.
- Where appropriate, informs individuals which Personal Information is required and which is optional at the time of collection.
- Collects Personal Information from individuals consistent with local legal requirements.
4.5 Use and Retention
iDeal Solar uses, stores, retains and otherwise Processes Personal Information only for reasonable business purposes or as authorized by the individual, and such Processing should comply with contractual, regulatory, and local legal requirements.
Personal Information should be retained and destroyed in accordance with applicable iDeal Solar data retention policies and procedures, and should only be retained for as long as it serves a purpose of processing for which it was collected or subsequently authorized.
4.6 Data Access
Where required by applicable law or otherwise appropriate, iDeal Solar provides individuals with appropriate access to the Personal Information about them that is maintained by iDeal Solar and the ability to correct the data, as applicable. Further to this, iDeal Solar will:
- Respond to requests for access to Personal Information made through appropriate channels in a timely manner.
- Authenticate individuals requesting access before allowing access to or providing Personal Information.
- If applicable, provide a reason to the individual for denying access, with a point of contact for further inquiry.
4.7 Disclosure and Onward Transfer
iDeal Solar may share an individual’s Personal Information with third parties as required for reasonable business purposes, including providing services and products to clients and administration of employee benefits and provision of other services to employees, and otherwise in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
With respect to third parties that Process Personal Information on behalf of iDeal Solar, iDeal Solar will seek to put in place appropriate controls to ensure that such third parties afford the applicable Personal Information an appropriate level of protection.
iDeal Solar may use data centers and other data processors located outside of the country where the data is collected to store Personal Information. iDeal Solar will abide by any local laws applicable to collection and transfer of Personal Information.
4.8 Data Security
iDeal Solar has adopted and maintains reasonable and appropriate information security policies, processes and/or procedures to safeguard Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, and other Processing.
iDeal Solar’ information security processes provide for the classification of information and the assignment of protection requirements and information security controls based on the classification of information. The safeguards used to protection Personal Information should be commensurate with the type of Personal Information being Processed and the risks involved.
4.9 Data Integrity and Data Quality
Consistent with the goal of protecting the accuracy, completeness and relevance of Personal Information that it maintains, IDeal Solar collects Personal Information directly from the applicable individual or will seek to put in place measures to verify that Personal Information collected from third parties is reliable and legally obtained. iDeal Solar takes other steps that may be appropriate to comply with applicable legal obligations that relate to the accuracy, completeness, and relevance of Personal Information it maintains.
5.0 Complaints and Questions
iDeal Solar addresses complaints regarding the Processing of Personal Information.
If you have any questions about this statement or our handling of personal information please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].